GuidePedia

0
After yesterday's very moving service for Ray Seely here in Grande Prairie yesterday, I came home to find that hubby was in to trying to ride.

We had wanted to go last weekend but circumstances prevented it.

So we saddled up and went to Sexsmith for a late lunch.

For me the ride was a memorial. The whole time I was remembering the faces of people who have gone before me. My dad, my grand parents, and so very many friends.

I wasn't sad, I wasn't down, I was just remembering. Remembering all of the happy times.

Hubby enjoyed the ride even though his legs were not happy. You could see it in his eyes.
His soul was happy. I haven't seen that look of rapture in is eyes in quite a while.
It did my heart so much good. It was only 50 kilometers - but it was enough for him to feel some freedom a while. I think he was remembering too. Good times...

I am so grateful for the ride we shared yesterday and am looking forward to many more.
My husband in my best friend and a good man and I was so happy to see the bike hole in his heart get filled up!

In other news our classified section has been reinstalled and is now working and ready for your ads. Our cook book is ready for your recipes and Ali has a whole host of little things she is fine tuning. When you have a moment, log in to www.beltdrivebetty.com and come check it all out! We'd love to have you visit and contribute!

If you are lucky enough to be riding today, please take a walk around that iron steed, stay hydrated, ride like everyone around you is blind and can not see you and please, use respect with that right hand.

Belt Drive Betty

Post a Comment

 
Top