GuidePedia

1
The Motorcyclists Confederation of Canada and the Canadian Motorcycle Association have made a joint statement declaring that they are the voice of 85,000 Canadian riders and they say a ZERO Blood Alcohol Content initiative for motorcyclists would be supported by all of their riders.

I am beginning to see a familiar pattern when it comes to the Moped Motorcycle Industry Council (MMIC) and the Motorcyclist Confederation of Canada (MCC).  I guess it shouldn't surprise me because the MCC is supported financially by the manufacturers and it appears that yet again, they are working towards the discrimination of riders.  Remember that the MMIC are the people who brought us the J2825 Motorcycle noise Test from the SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers).

I do not understand what they are doing or why.
Their vision appears to be so one tracked and it is beginning to look like they are trying to make a name for themselves, although I am not quite sure what ind of name to give them.

If it is NOT ok for me to have a glass of wine with supper and get on my motorcycle to ride to my motel when I am on holiday, then why is it ok for me to have a glass of wine with my supper and get in my car to drive home?

Impaired judgement is impaired judgement.

If I am not competent to ride a motorcycle then I am not competent to dive a motor vehicle, period.

Why this distinction by the MCC?
If you are a member of the MCC or the CMA, did you agree to the statement as an individual?

Why - yet again - single out motorcyclists?

Do you really think that a statement like that from riders is going to make it look like riders are leading the way in the campaign against drunk driving?  Wouldn't the far more balanced approach be to state that the riders of the MCC and the CMA support a ZERO BAC for ALL who share the roadways?
What say you?

In other news, Japanese racer Yoshinari Matsushita was killed during a practise for the Isle of Man TT.

And we have riders down again...

Police in Clarenville NL are investigating a fatal motorcycle crash and in Sudbury a rider is in hospital after a driver attempted to make left hand turn in front of the motorcyclist.

My prayers go out to the family and loved ones of all involved in these three incidents.

For all of the news of the day, visit www.beltdrivebetty.com where our work is keeping you informed!

We have an auction we are supporting for the Heroes Highway Ride & Rally - a beautiful afghan done in a cammo look!  Check it out and bid on it!

I leave you with a few funnies shared with me by friends on Facebook and by email...
I need a laugh after somber news like that.



Have a good Tuesday everyone, and remember, ride like everyone around you is blind and can not see you.


Belt Drive Betty
Editor &  Rider







Post a Comment

  1. We have a no drinking and driving creed plus support B.A.D.D. Biker Against Drunk Drivers. Now as far as the Motorcyclists Confederation of Canada and the Canadian Motorcycle Association being the voice of 85,000 Canadian riders.Does that include the west? lol You don't represent us, never hear of you, never seen you on any of the rides,never talked to you, must be an eastern office thing supported with government $$$$$$$, the person that best represents us across Canada is BDB.

    ALW

    ReplyDelete

 
Top