GuidePedia

2
I have been wearing Draggin' Jeans for 3 years now and I love them!
They do EXACTLY what they are supposed to and look good doing it!

I own both the Classic and the Drayko Drift styles.



The Drayko Drift is a very modern and trendy style of jean, made of hand distressed denim and while the Kevlar protection zones in them work the same as they do in their other cuts, the acid washed fabric does not stand up to the miles of riding I do.

They are a great jean, they look and fit good, and they will protect your hide, but be forewarned that these jeans are more suited to the rider who goes for short putts or Sunday afternoon rides.
They are not meant to be worn day after day on a 33,000 KM trip, that's for sure.

I call them my dress jeans!  
They still protect my hide but they are not work horse that the classic cut is!

I am wearing my K-Shirt and Drayko Twist Draggin' Jeans in this photo
I was with Jim Hapgood of 2CAV Beaumont-Hamel Unit in St. John's NL
I had gotten two new pairs of the Drayko Drift before I left on my Conga last year, one a size 14 and one a size 12 just before I left on the Conga last year.  I also bought a K - Shirt, a Kvelar riding shirt.

The jeans I wore the most were the size 14's, I torture tested those babies, I let them get wet, I rode 12 and 14 hours a day in them and I washed them in cold water frequently, using a dryer to lightly tumble dry them every chance I got.
Torn after I brutalized them

The jeans lasted better than I thought they would, the arse didn't fall out of them until I got to Cow Head Newfoundland where they split on me - inside the inner thigh, in a distress crease.

The good news is that when I contacted Draggin' Jeans about my situation, they replaced them with a pair of the Classic jeans which are not distressed and are more conducive to long distance riding.

Now the Classic jean is something I am far more familiar with as I have had a pair of them for three years and those babies are TOUGH and durable.


My first pair of classic jeans are still going strong and the new ones are the ones I was wearing when I had my upset in gravel at 30-35 KPH on May 24th, 2014.

The jeans not only did their job, but they held up better than my new leather jacket or my riding gloves did, in fact, there is ZERO evidence of the skidding in the gravel that I did. The jeans don't have a mark on them.

They dissipated the heat as promised in their literature, and I had ZERO abrasion!

When they say these jeans will give you 4.4 seconds skid time and then some they mean it and they have earned CE rating (CE stands for European Conformity’ the universally recognized symbol of product quality and durability) and they are the only Kevlar riding jean to do so from my understanding.

The reason I love Draggin Jeans is they allow me to stay cool and comfortable and yet protected.
You can also add knee armour to them if you want.

I do however have one small problem with the jeans...
I am a middle aged woman whose weight seems to go up and down like a yoyo these days, not like when I was in my 20's and 30's and could devour everything I wanted and never gain an ounce.

My first pair of Draggin' Jeans were size 12 classics and when I lost some weight I ended up having them taken in at the inseam and the waist to get a better fit and that cost me $70 because the seamstress had a hard time sewing them up.

My new classics are also size 12 and the fit me very well until I started doing Yoga again and now they are too big in the waist - I wear a belt with them!

They are an expensive investment and having them in a couple of sizes makes the investment a little bit steeper, but it's an investment I am happy to make. I can wear just the jeans and KNOW with confidence that my hide is safe and get off the bike and not have to un-leather, I can wear long johns underneath them in cold weather and still be warm or I can wear them with my chaps and know that my arse is protected.

They are stylish, comfortable but most of all they really do what they say they will.

DRAGGIN' JEANS SAVE YOUR HIDE!

The K-shirt is another investment that I made and I am glad I did. The K-shirt comes with armour for your shoulders and you can purchase additional armour for your elbows and back.
It also has double Kevlar across the shoulders, the forearms and the elbows.  While I have never had to put the shirt to the test, it is something I wear almost every day of the riding season, especially on hot days where I don't want to wear a jacket of any kind.
To be completely outfitted from shoulder to ankle in Draggin' Jean's products will cost you:
$229 - $349 depending on the style of jean you choose
$219 for a K-Shirt
$35 for K-Gloves
$35 for K-Sox
So for $550 give or take you can have some of the BEST riding gear out there and still by stylin'!

My next investment from Draggin' Jeans will be some K-Sox and some K-Gloves, I am also contemplating the ladies riding jacket - they start at $260 and go up to $329.

Their men's line runs similar pricing.

This company's products are products I believe in and wouldn't want to be without.
I LOVE my Draggin' Jeans and K-Shirt and I am sure that if you tried them, you'd enjoy them as well.

They breath well, look good and do the job they are meant for.
What else can you ask from a product?

You can order retail direct from the company web site and their customer service is AWESOME or you can purchase locally from various retailers throughout Canada by using their store locator.

I don't often give a product 5 gas tanks out of 5 but Draggin' Jeans has proven to me that they deserve the 5 tank rating and that there IS truth in advertising!



If you are blessed enough to be riding today, please ride like everyone around you is blind and cannot see you and PLEASE consider dressing for the slide, and not the ride...

Belt Drive Betty,
Editor & Rider

Post a Comment

  1. Really nice information thanks for sharing very useful. For more visit Dark Rider Motorcycle Jeans Black.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe this is one of the so much vital information for me.
    And i am satisfied studying your article. But want to
    observation on some basic things, The site taste is perfect, the articles is in reality
    Gunmetal 

    ReplyDelete

 
Top