GuidePedia

0
Being Belt Drive Betty means I get to know, ride with and care for a lot of people.
It also means that often times when tragedy strikes, I have to say goodbye to someone I loved and cared about.

Today I, along with my brothers and sisters from CAV mourn the passing of Darren "Willy" Williams.

He and 7 of his brothers were riding in Picton County Ontario when a Mazda Miata crossed the centre line and centre punched three of the 8 bikes, 2 riders were killed instantly and one is in critical condition.

Darren was one of the riders who was killed, the other rider who died, his name has not yet been released and neither has the name of the person in ICU. Next of kin need to be notified.

Here is what is in the news about the crash: http://www.intelligencer.ca/2015/06/21/fatal-motor-vehicle-collision-in-prince-edward-county


Tracey, Darren's wife and Alisha and Michael, his children are in shock needless to say.

Darren had just become a grandpa for his first time and he so loved his little man Aiden. 
He only got enjoy being a grandpa for about 11 months.



At the 74th Crusaders Club House

Darren was the kind of friend you could call out of the blue and he always made time for you. I had first met him at the Wharf Rat Rally in Digby Nova Scotia in 2011.

I was blessed to spend some quality time with Darren in Greenwood NS and rode with him to Yarmouth in the driving down rain in 2013 on my Military Support Conga. 








We had stopped into the 74th Crusaders clubhouse to say hi just as the rain started.  When we made it to Yarmouth, Willy and I shared some time with a couple of the young folks who helped fundraise for the Yarmouth Memorial.

Trying some Tomato wine at the Yarmouth Farmers Market
The next morning, Joe and Willy took me to the memorial and then Joe and his wife Jo, Willy and I went the the farmer's market in Yarmouth - it was so foggy that Willy couldn't head back to Greenwood until mid afternoon. It was a wonderful time, one that I will forever carry in my heart.











He had given me some very special veteran's vest extenders, they were special before his life ended, but now they are just that much more special. I will always wear them with pride and remembrance.


A special gift made even more special

My heart breaks for my CAV family and the families of those affected by this horrible crash.
Please lift a prayer for willy's family and friends....

As soon as we have information on the other rider who passed and the rider in ICU, I will let you know.

It's father's day today. Look at that grumpy old man you call dad and hug him with all your might and remember to say I love you, with meaning and do it often because you never know when it will be your time to leave this world.











Darren, Jo and Joe at the Yarmouth Farmers Market





Jo, Joe and Willy at the Stanley Lobster Company

















I miss you dad - Happy Father's Day
My dad, Jim McColeman at 8 Wing Trenton




















Belt Drive Betty
Editor & Rider

Disclaimer:
All data and information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. The Belt Drive Betty Blog makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site & will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis.

Post a Comment

 
Top