GuidePedia

0
I got a call yesterday from the Grande Prairie Tourism Association. It appears that on Wednesday, the 19th of November, I am to receive some award of excellence for marketing the Grande Prairie area. 

I appreciate the recognition and am grateful to those who chose me, however, it's a very bitter sweet award.

GPRTA just had their funding from the City of Grande Prairie cut and so now the Tourism Association can not afford to honor their contract with us for the 2010 marketing year.

They are having to revisit all of their efforts and will see where that leaves the Busted Knuckle and the Rider Friendly directory. We could end up with 35% of the original contract being honored or we could loose it all - we won't know the extent of the affects of the budget cuts for a few more days.

It's going to be a challenging time - it's going to mean changing some things, adapting to the new realities - but it can and will be done. 

I know that this too shall pass - I know we can deal with it all - I hope you will bear with us as we adapt to this new economy and the new reality of doing business...


Time and patience, right? Good thing I quit smoking...


If you are fortunate enough to be riding today, please, ride like everyone around you is blind and can not see you.

Belt Drive Betty
www.beltdrivebetty.com
National VP A.I.M.Can
www.aim-can.com

Post a Comment

 
Top