GuidePedia

0
Well folks, the eigth edition of the Redwater Ride for Hunger is over and what a HUGE success. Lisa Dakus who took care of vendors and prizes did an incredible job of making sure there was lots for riders to see and do - Fort McMurray and the gang from Northern Comfort kept us all entertained with some phenomenal music and of course Deputy Mayor Connie made sure that everyone knew what was going on.

It is estimated by some that as many as 1300 bikes graced my home town! I believe it too as I know how many bikes went by me and that there were bikes parked not just down main street but in the show n shine, and circling one entire block. I wished I could have gone up in the picker basket to get pictures from above but as I was working alone in the booth getting out to go have a bathroom break was a hard enough task.

I had a vest that was donated by TJ and The Bear Biker Wear in Spruce Grove - I was hitting people up for their change and in return giving them a slip of paper to have their name drawn for the vest. $170 was raised for F.I.R.R.E. and Dusty from Tow Guys Who Like to Ride Meet Up group won and it fit him perfectly!

I also handed out over 200 phone books and talked to a ton of riders - it was like old home week!

I love the Redwater Ride for Hunger - not just because it is the closest thing to a home town that I can claim but because the event is well done and so many good people come out to support it and I just happen to know a good chunk of those good people!

We signed up 4 new business partners too:
Pointe West Honda - Edmonton
TJ & The Bear Biker Wear - Spruce Grove
Kicks Bar & Grill - Redwater
Noreen & friends Diner - Redwater

Saturday's Coyote Run in Chipman was a great event too for a first time event - I had to leave before the riders came back from the 250 KM poker run but none the less - 100 or so riders made for a pretty good showing! I met hubby up at Time Machine in Edmonton where he dropped off his bike to be dynoed and diagnosed and then he and I took care of some other things that had to be looked after.
Thanks to Dusty and the gang from Two Guys Who Like to Ride Meet Up Group for inviting me to tag along!

Man I live a blessed life!
Good friends fill my life - thanks to Alanna & Kent for putting me up in Hinton, Kat & Glen for putting me up in St Albert and Doug Blackie & Sandra Tyacke for putting me up in Leduc. Joe & Trudy in Morinville and to all of the good people I was blessed to ride with, this has just been an incredible trip.

If not for the incredible friends I have I could not do what I do so easily!

In the news today:

In Ontario over 1000 riders Honor our heroes.

In BC riders rode in support of finding a cure for and early detection of prostate cancer.

And an Ontario man is dead and his passenger is in critical condition after an accident in Bellville - prayers are being asked for.

If you are fortunate enough to be riding today, PLEASE, ride like everyone around you is blind ans can not see you - IS out to get you and please ride proud NOT loud - save those pipes for when they count - in traffic when someone tires to invade your space.


Belt Drive Betty
A MAX Award winning web site!
National VP of Marketing
Foundation for Injured Riders, Rights & Education


Contact Me LinkedinFacebookBloggerTwitter

Post a Comment

 
Top