GuidePedia

0
Last night I had the pleasure of experiencing a Bikers Church meeting for my first time.

It was so far different from the "Church" I grew up with.  The people who attended Bikers Church were there to learn and share, no judgment, no disapproval or pushing - no shoving things down someone's throat. 

Pastor Dave, the pastor of the Kawartha Bikers Church in Peterborough is a big man in stature and heart. A former member of an outlaw bike club, he has seen and experienced many things. If you have ever made mis-steps in your life or found yourself on a self destructive path and want to find something different, a different meaning or purpose for your life, he is someone who can relate to you on a very real and down to earth level - there is no judgment at Bikers Church, none of the airs or pretense like what I grew up with.

The topic for the evening came from Pastor Rob Dale of the Capitol City Bikers Church in Ottawa via video - Living a Life of Purpose. If you have read the Busted Knuckle Chronicles, our weekly newspaper, you might be familiar with the series. If not, it is a series that whether you believe in God or not - you might find very enlightening. 

Many of us find ourselves doing jobs we dislike, in relationships that are unfulfilling and on self destructive paths - wondering what is the purpose,the point to all of it. 
The series is all about helping you to discover what drives you, what makes you - YOU, and how to bring out your strengths and find the meaning to your life that makes you want to jump out of bed feeling thankful to be on the right side of the grass.

Spirituality and a faith in a higher power, no matter what you believe that power to be, no matter the name you give your higher power is something I think many share. I am not a religious person. I do not attend a structured or organized church but I do believe that there is a higher power.

I was very moved by Pastor Rob and his take on living a life of purpose. I liked the down to earth, real day approach to the topic of living a life of value and purpose. Yes the bible is discussed, but unlike so many churches I have attended in the past -  it was discussed in a way I could relate to. It was treated like a self help book - and I for one found that VERY refreshing.

I found the whole experience to be one of utter acceptance - no one cared who you were, where you came from or why you were there - they only cared that you were there. Oh the one and only thing they did care about - what bike you rode...again - I found that really refreshing.

It was an enjoyable experience to say the least. If you ever find yourself wanting to explore faith and spirituality - you may find some of what you are searching for at Bikers Church.

Like every day - I welcome your take on the topic of the day...

Voting in our three calendar contests has begun and I can not wait to see who you all choose to be Mr & Ms February or which Biker Kid is going to be the January Calendar Kid...Hope you will check them out and cast your vote for the photo you like the best in each competition!

There is a good amount of news again this morning - check out the headlines over at www.beltdrivebetty.com where we sift through the news so you don't have to!

I am getting ready to head in to Toronto to get our booth set up.
I hope you have a wonderful day and look forward to seeing many of the riders in the GTA tomorrow and Sunday.


Post a Comment

 
Top