GuidePedia

0
My daughter works for a multinational company that has just handed down the directive that no one is allowed to say "Merry Christmas" and the "Christmas" party is now a Holiday party.

We live in a country that is supposed to embrace Multiculturalism and yet, we who are white and Christian are being discriminated against on a regular basis.

We make allowances for others to celebrate their holidays so why is it that businesses and governments are making it so that we white Christians are being coerced into denying our religious backgrounds and traditions?

Where does any of this make any sense?

I don't get all pissy and cry that I am offended when Muslims celebrate Ramadan, Laylat al-Qadr, Eid al-Fitr, Hajj, Day of Arafat or Eid al-Adha. 

I don't get all pissy or cry that I am offended when Sikhs celebrate Guru Gobind Singh's Birthday, Maghi, Diwali or any of their other holidays. 

I don't get all offended when peoples who came here from countries like Thailand, Japan or other Buddhist countries celebrate Visakah Puja, or when the Chinese celebrate their religious holidays like Qing Ming Jie or Chinese New Year.

I don't get offended when those of Jewish decent celebrate Hanukkah, and you don't hear me whining when those of Mexican decent celebrate the Day of the Virgin of Guadalupe.

I find it interesting and intriguing. I am curious and enjoy watching their celebrations.

BUT

I do not understand how multiculturalism works obviously.  Apparently if you are white and Christian, you are not a part of the multiculturalism that creates the fabric of this country.

I am unsure as to why it needs to be this way.

I have contract employees who live in India, and I ensure that my work schedule for them does not conflict with their sacred holidays and other traditions, the same for those who are Canadian and American and of different faiths who contract with me.

I respect their right to celebrate their holidays and observe their faiths.

When Jehovah Witnesses come to my door, I thank them for caring and express that I have my own faith.  They respect that and leave peacefully and I peacefully shut my door.

Why can we not learn to live and let live?  WHY is it wrong to be white and Christian?

Why are our governments and the business community shunning us?

Can someone explain to me what the heck is going on?

I am truly becoming resentful of those who would change my way of life in an effort to push their will, religions and traditions.

I do my best to accept everyone, to see the good in everyone I can, but it's becoming harder and harder to be tolerant when we are constantly discriminated against.  

I can empathize with the First Nations peoples of this country and how our ancestors tried to rob them of their traditions and beliefs.

I am heart sick - completely heart sick.

When are we ever going to learn that we are all just people and that we can agree to disagree?


When are we ever going to just learn love, tolerance and acceptance?


Sometimes I wished I could just hide from all of the ugliness and the hatred.

I don't want to be hate filled.  I want to be loving, kind and accepting.

Can someone help me understand why it is so wrong to be white?  To be Christian?

Are we simply paying the price for the sins of our forefathers?

I pray that one day, we will all learn to respect each other and celebrate our differences.


CHALLENGE to ALL MY FRIENDS - for the next 24 hours, I want you to share with me posts about people helping other people. I figure if we ‪#‎LOOKforLove‬‪#‎Kindness‬‪#‎Helpfulness‬‪#‎Consideration‬‪#‎Tolerance‬ and ‪#‎Compassion‬ - we might start actually seeing it instead of all of the violence, hatred and abject sadness.



Belt Drive Betty
Editor & Rider

Disclaimer:
All data and information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. The Belt Drive Betty Blog makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site & will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis.















Post a Comment

 
Top