GuidePedia

0
The Hoka Hey Challenge has lost another rider to an accident. This time the rider, 63-year-old Kenneth J. Greene of Ocala, Fla., died after wrecking his motorcycle Sunday afternoon on the Glenn Highway near the Matanuska Glacier.

I feel sad for the people who loved these two riders and I have to wonder what it is about being a part of a race of this nature that causes people to put their lives on the line. I guess the half million dollar prize would be a part of it. I wonder what will happen if the organizers do not pay out the top prize at Sturgis like they are supposed to?

There have been a lot of rumors and speculation over that... Jim Redcloud, one of the organizers who also participated in the race has had shall we say some controversy surrounding himself and his past endeavors and that has to some degree been a cloud over this event.

There are, yet again a ton of accidents and names of deceased riders that have been reported this morning. You can find all of the information on www.beltdrivebetty.com under Latest News.

There are some really heartwarming stories today and after the last few days that for me have been filled with the purging of yet more toxic people from my life - well, heart warming is good. Heart warming reminds me why I do what I do, why I care so deeply...

There is a ride being organized : WE ALL LOVE TO RIDE!
It is being hosted for a man named Mark who had developed Lou Gehrig's Disease - ALS.

My cousin, friend and riding buddy, Mark, developed A.L.S or better known as Lou Gehrig's disease back in 2006.
Mark is my very close friend and a riding buddy for years. In fact, riding was one of his greatest pleasures as it is for most of us. I have attached pictures of Mark from our trip to the sport bike rally in 2006 and a picture from Early 2010. This is a guy who played every sport and was always active. Today he is restricted to a wheel chair, unable to move or even talk. He is being fed through a feeding tube as of last week. I hate to say it, but soon, tomorrow might not come for Mark.
Mark said something to me months ago I will never forget, and yes there are tears running down my cheeks as I write this. He said to me,” Johnny, when you go riding, do me a favor and ride for me too!” Of course, I replied with a “you bet I will” and I have every time I go out, but I want to do more.

MARK’S RUN WILL BE HELD ON AUG.8, 2010
Meeting at the front of the Mohawk Raceway parking lot at 1 p.m.
What I would like to do is simply have a ride, with as many bikes as possible to run into Etobicoke, past Marks home, give a few rev’s and then return. I know this would bring a smile to his face even if he couldn’t manage to make the movement, I know he would be smiling inside, bigger than anyone could ever imagine.
Following the Run past Mark’s home, we will ride back through Belfountain and the Forks of the Credit area back to the Rockwood area where I will happily put on a BBQ for all to show my appreciation of your participation.
I am NOT asking for any money, just your support of a fellow rider, however if you feel the need to donate, any funds received will be directly forwarded to the A.L.S. society of Ontario.

As I said - heartwarming, real and honest ...
There are a few in my world who could learn from this simple act - kindness, love, genuine caring, selflessness...

If you are amongst the lucky and you are riding today - PLEASE, ride like everyone around you is out to get you and is BLIND. Remember to Ride PROUD NOT Loud - save the pipes for when someone drifts into your lane while on that cell phone of theirs.

Belt Drive Betty
A MAX Award winning web site!
National VP of Marketing
Foundation for Injured Riders, Rights & Education
Contact Me LinkedinFacebookBloggerTwitter

Post a Comment

 
Top