GuidePedia

0
Yesterday afternoon I arrived at the Alberta Safety Council's rider training facility on the south side of Edmonton.

I was excited and nervous - I was about to embark on an advanced rider course.

Now I don't know about you but I have a tendency to become very self conscious when around other riders - especially those who are very seasoned and experienced riders. I also choke on exams.  I put so much pressure on myself that sometimes I just can't breath or relax.

I was in a class of 5 riders who would be taught by 2 instructors - after orientation and signing paperwork in the classroom, we headed out to the bikes.  All of us came from different backgrounds and varied experiences as riders.

Day one was challenging and interesting...and VERY informative, the instructors made it fun and I can't wait until tonight for part 2.

I will be doing a write up on the course and what I learned and will share that information with you in an upcoming issue of the Busted Knuckle Chronicles!

In the news today is an update on the BC rider who was killed in Oregon.

There is also news of another crash, this time in Ottawa.

Apparently the Mongols are not terribly happy about how heavy handed the police were for their run to Boulder City Nevada and say the reason so many businesses did not benefit from monetary gain was the fact that many opted to stay at their hotel instead of being harassed.

There are other articles in the news feeds that may be of interest to you as a rider, check them out at www.beltdrivebetty.com where our work is keeping YOU informed!

I leave you with a few funnies shared with me by friends on Facebook and through emails...




Have a fabulous Tuesday everyone and please, if you are riding - ride like everyone around you is blind and can not see you!

Belt Drive Betty,
Editor & Rider

Post a Comment

 
Top