GuidePedia

0
Well folks, after a very successful 34 day trip that allowed me to promote F.I.R.R.E. I am back and raring to go to work again. I was supposed to be off until Thursday but the work that is on my desk is not going to do itself and since I work alone I have no one to delegate it to so I am back to work 4 days early.

The trip was gruelling and satisfying all at the same time. My husband - (whose vacation this trip was) and I crossed most of Canada - 8 provinces - round trip in the same time it took the Motorcycle Ride of Dad 10th Anniversary Tour to cross Canada one way. We visited about the same number of cities as they did too. It was challenging as we had to travel on average 500 KM per day plus meet people, and for me - meeting with the press and blogging about the trip.
The next time I do something of this magnitude I at least understand more about the time requirements and  sponsorship needs to make this happen the way I would like it to.

The trip itself was impressive and amazing - seeing our country by motorcycle has been rewarding. I have been across by car and train but this was my first time across the country on a motorcycle.
If you want to see what we got up to visit my Travel Blogs - the links to them are located on the home page of www.beltdrivebetty.com on the right hand side of the page. Or right here on my blog on the right hand side of this page - about half way down.

It was so rewarding meeting so many that until now I have only known by email or letters. It was equally rewarding to have interest for starting new chapters of F.I.R.R.E. - it looks like we will have new chapters in Saskatchewan before long - the paper work has just gone out to Terry Hartshorn and Dave Adrian (Preacher) of the Saskatchewan Lone Wolves. If you are interested in joining F.I.R.R.E. or finding out more about who we are and what we are doing please visit: www.firre.ca

If you would like to start a chapter you can contact our National Chairman - Scott Paulin at: firre@bikerider.com or our Vice Chairman Don Mustard at: firrevp@bikerider.com

There will be a SPECIAL F.I.R.R.E Annual General Meeting for October 3, 2010 at the Carstairs Community Hall - 1100 Lackner Way in Carstairs Alberta. The meeting will begin at 2 pm - come find out what is on the go!

We are growing and for a group that is only 5 months old we are doing really well at helping our fellow riders and are working hard to get our three committees up to speed. Those committees are: Rider Down - for rider and family assistance and support, Riders Rights, lobbying and support and Education for both the rider and the general public....F.I.R.R.E. stands for the Foundation for Injured Riders, Rights and Education.

We are in the process of looking hard at how we can work with the Downed Rider Society in Nova Scotia - after a great discussion in Nova Scotia there appears to be great interest in the two groups working together to serve riders and their families...

I hope to see a ton of you get on board because if you read the news feeds at all on www.beltdrivebetty.com you will see that we need to start working together as a family, a community again. We have to start working on the issues that affect all of us motorcyclists from safety to discriminatory bylaws...if we don't those who are working together - the anti motorcyclists will mow us over and there will be little left of our way of life.

United we ride, divided we ride stock or bicycles...

As always I welcome your feed back and input - the only way we as people grow and expand our points of view is through sharing our ideas and opinions...please share yours with me - help me to grow!

In the news today:
Caledon Ontario - the newest home of motorcycle discrimination is proposing to pass a new noise bylaw that makes Edmonton's look like child's play - the contest is now on to see which city, town of jurisdiction can put the screws to the motorcycle community.

One gal who thought she hated motorcycles discovers their "Beautiful Noise"


Leo Motors thinks they have what it takes to expand the range of electric vehicles...

In British Columbia the toughest drinking and driving laws in Canada and maybe north America come into effect.

In Montreal Quebec a rider is dead and his passenger injured after a collision with a car.

In Ontario a rider's death is being investigated.

An faith in humanity is restored to a degree after a Japanese rider whose bike is stolen is given a gift of a new motorcycle and gear...

We sift through the news so that you don't have to...visit www.beltdrivebetty.com for all of your news, event and community information and don't forget - if you are a member at www.beltdrivebetty.com your membership card is good for special services and discounts at over 250 Canadian locations and growing!

I hope and pray that if you are riding today you will Ride defensively, ride your own ride - do NOT let peer pressure get the best of you...Ride like everyone around you is BLIND, has an UNSAFE load and IS out to get you and please - ride Proud not Loud - invest in a 140 DB Air horn instead!
AND CHECK YOUR TIRES AGE - AND YOUR TIRE PRESSURES DAILY!!!!


Belt Drive Betty
A MAX Award winning web site!
National VP of Marketing
Foundation for Injured Riders, Rights & Education
Contact Me LinkedinFacebookBloggerTwitter

Post a Comment

 
Top