GuidePedia

0
I have been accused of being a wee bit of a pot stirrer at times.
Sometimes I do it intentionally to provoke dialogue and thought and other times all I have to do is open my mouth or put pen to paper and it happens - without intention.

So it goes this week.
I unintentionally caused a bit of controversy over at the Moose Jaw Times Herald on line in my blog there.

I had posted the poem "Just a Biker" and I had used many of the pictures that came with the poem and tried to lay it out as it had been sent to me.

A rider in Moose Jaw was offended that I had included the picture of the Bandidos funeral.

Now, to me that poem is about two things - social prejudice and unsafe driving.

I was surprised that a fellow rider would object to that picture being included in the post.
But it got me thinking...the social prejudice that every day, ordinary riders face as a result of the 1/2 of one percent of our community that call themselves 1%ers is obviously still pretty high. If you are at all interested in what I have to say to this reader of my blog on the Times Herald site, here is the link to my blog on the Times Herald site

To add to the thoughts from the article "An apology and explanation" in my blog on the Times Herald site, I would have to say that regardless as to whether you wear a patch - be you riding club, independent or motorcycle club member - regardless of how good or bad you may be as a person - everyone has family that will miss you when you are gone.

Prejudice comes from fear, you overcome fear through education...
Please people, don't judge a book by its cover, but rather by its content.

Stay safe - ride like everyone around you is blind and can't see you.

Belt Drive Betty

Post a Comment

 
Top