GuidePedia

0
I had the most enjoyable time at the Calgary Motorcycle Show and I want to give a big shout out to the wonderful human beings who helped me in my booth - the Calgary Chapter of the Northern Stars, Peter, Linda, Doug - you guys and dolls were utterly fantastic to work with and I enjoyed myself more than words can say! THANK YOU!!!!!  I collected over 400 hugs, met fabulous people and got a fix of motorcycles that eased and yet made, the PMS I suffer from worse.

I was green with envy over the fact that so many were able to ride to and from the show and here was me in my cage...oh well - I am happy for them even if I am pouting slightly.

I spent yesterday nursing sore feet and editing videos - I got some wonderful walk arounds of new models and some great interviews too - you can see the ones I have already had a chance to complete in BDB TV.

I am now looking ahead to the Edmonton show and seeing what that show has to offer - it is amazing how different these two shows - Calgary & Edmonton can be....

In the news today there is a heartwarming story about a young man with Leukemia - The Ride for Kyle was the brain child of Kyle's mom's boss - he organized it 5 days prior to when it took place and over 175 riders answered the call gifting Kyle with items like the Coin of Courage and art work...the kindness of all of these riders made one young man's day - one he will NEVER forget!

Yesterday there was a sad report out of Calgary about a rider who was killed on the weekend.

In California there is a report about riders riding to their capitol to support two bills - one that would abolish motorcycle only checkpoints and the other would see riders over 18 who have completed a safety course not have to wear helmets - right now riders have to wear helmets that have been approved by the California Highway Patrol.

In New Zealand riders are being asked to provide input on a new safe riding guide.

In Ontario, Crime Stoppers is asking for help over the theft of three fully restored vintage motorcycles.

And also in Ontario, a rider who has been riding against brain cancer is planning a national ride to bring awareness to the disease and the needs of research.


There is a ton of other news in the feeds that may be of interest to you, so come on over to www.beltdrivebetty.com and check the news feeds out and while you are there check out the entries in our Beat the PMS Blues  Online Show 'n' Shine.

I leave you with a few giggles from my friends on Facebook and from emails..




Have a fabulous day.

Belt Drive Betty,
Editor & Rider

Post a Comment

 
Top