GuidePedia

0
I recently hired someone to layout our paper, the Busted Knuckle Chronicles. She came with good references and had 30 years of experience. What I discovered however was that this woman wanted to lay out the paper according to industry standards instead of the way I wanted it done.  I wanted the paper done in provincial sections with the appropriate columnists in their provincial category - she wanted to put all of the columnists in the middle of the paper. I wanted certain fonts and colours used - she refused to use them - so at the end of the day we agreed to disagree and she no longer works for me.

Whatever happened to the customer being right? I am paying the bills, I know what I want and yet...it is virtually impossible to get people to do the job the way you ask for it to be done.

I hear it all the time from other employers. Finding good quality staff is near impossible - all of the good employees are already taken...so I will be on the hunt again for a new layout artist - and I want to find someone who rides, who understands the biker community.  If you have anyone to recommend let me know.

In the news today, there is a story of a rider doing 299 KMPH from Vancouver Island, who posted the video on Youtube and the cops are on the hunt - this story reminds me of the joke whereby a person posted the details of their proposed robbery on Facebook. Stupid is as stupid does and the biker community takes another black eye...

In Prince George a gangster from the Game Tight Soldiers who was ordered deported more than 4 years ago, is now wanted for kidnapping.  Why was this man not deported? Why has he been allowed to stay in this country? I shake my head...

Ducati may see the purchase by Audi completed this week and Norton has come out with a TT bike with an Aprilia engine in it...

Harley-Davidson strong armed a fan who started a social network called HarleySpace - the man has renamed his social network IronRiders, and Harley is getting pushback over their actions.

In Whitecourt AB they are getting ready to ride for Alzheimer's

There is a TON of news in the feeds today - check it all out at www.beltdrivebetty.com where we sift through the news so you don't have to!

I leave you with a few funnies to kickstart your day...these come from my friends on Facebook and by email.






Have a fantastic Hump day...
Belt Drive Betty
Editor & Rider




Post a Comment

 
Top