GuidePedia

0

Some time things happen and people do or say things that give you pause.
Yesterday was one of those days.

I got an email and then a call from some of my business partners, concerned about a "motorcycle" event that was planned for their town. I was asked what I knew about the event as things appeared to be "sketchy" (the partners words). After some calls to the promoter and a few others - I reported back on what I was able to find out and was told what the partners had found out...

It appears that the company doing the promotions is tied to a parent or sister company that promotes exotic dancers. The people in question were not charging vendors for booths. They were promoting a kids hour, a DJ with a foul mouth, a fashion show, art and jewelry and a few other things like dancers.

When I spoke to the promoter she couldn't give me a clear definition of what type of show it was going to be. A night time trade and entertainment show...hmmmm - that's all I really got out of it.

Between my research and what the partners found out, the executive decision was made that there was something "uncertain and unsettling" about the event and they would not support or promote it.

At the end of the day - the town they wanted to hold this event in had been bamboozled in the past by someone holding an event that turned out to be a rave that really shook up their community and saw some people get hurt. This small community is rather conservative and they decided they'd rather not have this kind of "uncertain" show there...It could be all legit but they'd rather err on the side of caution.

I have mixed feelings about this event getting kiboshed as in these economic times everyone can use the promotion and the motorcycle related businesses that were to be involved with this event felt that FREE publicity in return for a wee bit of sweat equity was worth it. Yet, if this promotion company isn't willing to be clear in what they have scheduled and are wanting to accomplish can you really blame the community for being gun shy?

The news feeds are still pretty quiet today so I will sign off by asking those of you who are lucky enough to be riding to PLEASE - ride like everyone around you is blind and can not see you. For the rest of us who are praying for spring - voting is on going in the Beat the PMS Blues On Line Show 'n' Shine....


Belt Drive Betty
www.beltdrivebetty.com
A MAX Award Winning Web Site

National VP A.I.M. Can
www.aim-can.com


Western Canadian MotoRescue Representative
www.motorescue.ca

-->
YOU, make it a great day!
Lord, please keep Your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth! Amen
Contact Me LinkedinFacebookBloggerTwitter

Post a Comment

 
Top