GuidePedia

0
It is with great pleasure that I announce that the winner of the 2013 Johnny Pag Ventura Motorcycle is The Canadian Legion of Riders.

Because they understood the challenge best out of all the groups I worked with, they hosted an event and invited their community out to help them win the bike and gave me the opportunity to speak to over 200 people about the issues our veterans are facing.

Medric Cousineau's walk will conclude on the 19th of this month - he has been walking with his service dog Thai to raise funds to buy other vets a service dog....

I am so proud to be supporting his efforts and those of VETS and the Military Police Relay Ride for Blind Children.

My trip will end today when I arrive home to Grande Prairie later today, it's been an honour and a pleasure to ride with so many, to speak to thousands, to promote my sponsors and our community.

I am tired and beat up but feel blessed to have been able to affect some change, to impact lives in real time.

I have so many people to thank, many product reviews and articles chronicling my journey to complete.
I will over the course of the next few weeks finish the work that this Conga generated but I want to take this time to thank everyone who helped make this Conga such a huge a success.

There were disappointments, the weather caused a few events to be a wash, there were a few events that were not promoted well - it is the first time I have ever attempted something like this and I have learned much.  The next time I undertake something like this I know what I need to do better, and trust me there will be a next time and it will be MUCH MUCH better because of the things I have learned.

While I have faced a few disappointments there were so very many uplifting and incredible moments - so many amazing people who made this trip a success and I can't wait to share those stories with you.

I arrive home late this afternoon and will begin the work of catching up in earnest tomorrow.

Please ride like everyone around you is blind and can not see you and remember, if you enjoy your freedoms, please take 5 minutes out of your busy life to thank a veteran and write your MP and MLA to ensure the plight of our veterans and RCMP and the loss of their pensions and the reduction in their benefits becomes an election issue.

Belt Drive Betty
Editor and Rider

Post a Comment

 
Top