GuidePedia

1
I was supposed to arrive home yesterday, but I left Edmonton later in the afternoon and hit some wild weather that was brewing around Sangudo.  By the time I hit the Isogun hill by Fox Creek AB., it was full blown torrential rain, with really hard wind.  It took me 3 hours to ride what normally takes 1.5 hours.

I made it as far as Valleyview and decided it was time to call it a day.
I had had two semis, just past Little Smoky that had almost knocked me off the road they passed me so close.  I was doing about 60KPH with the four ways on, I simply couldn't see where I was going the rain was coming down so hard, and I am not 100% either driver knew I was there.  There was no safe place to pull over and so I had to keep going until I could get to Valleyview.

Once there I got something warm to eat and a room at the Raven Inn, everyone else was full. I can see why this place is a last resort motel. It's unkempt and dingy, but the bedding was clean, it was dry and there was coffee. $65 plus tax for this place was $35 too much, but like I said, it was shelter.

I hung all my clothes up, cranked the heat to get my boots to dry and hit the hay after a few hours of writing.

I got up and headed out at about 9:45 am, the sky was ugly, it was windy, but it was not raining.
As I got closer to Grande Prairie, the skies turned blue and while it was still cold and windy, it felt good to be doing so in the sunshine.

I pulled in the driveway and began unpacking my bike. The poor girl needs a bath!
Man hubby's lawn is sure looking good and so are my flower beds.

I hauled my gear into the house and began putting things away and getting all my gear ready to be washed. I hugged my kitty's who both seemed pretty surprised but happy to see me.

I walked into the bedroom to put some stuff away and got a shock.
Hubby had renovated the bedroom, and it it GORGEOUS! I knew he was doing that, but never expected what I saw. The man should have been an interior decorator instead of a mechanic - he has impeccable taste.

A new bed frame, dressers and night table and all of the bedding and curtains to match along with new art...I am blown away!

I went into the kitchen and was surprised to see a new stove and then when I went to haul my laundry downstairs I got another shock...a new washer and dryer.

He must have won the lottery or else his line of credit took a shit kicking...
Wow, what a great thing to come home to.  I felt like I had been missed and I still haven't seen him yet!

Now comes the job of getting caught up on all of my writing for tourism and video editing for Eastlink TV.  Bookkeeping, follow up calls....ugh, back to a different kind of work where I am stuck infront of a computer instead of the handlebars - but all of that is going to have to wait until TOMORROW!
For the balance of today I am taking a hot bath, having a nap and getting ready for when hubby comes home from work. I can't wait to see the old boy, I have missed him something fierce.
Tonight we take our daughter out for her birthday - which was yesterday.

Tomorrow my day starts with meetings and editing...so until then,
If you are lucky enough to be riding today, please ride like everyone around you is blind and can not see you.

Belt Drive Betty
Editor and Rider

Post a Comment

  1. Great to hear you made it back safe ..had a great time when you were in NB .. Hope the bike worked a bit better after I fixed a few things on it.. :)

    Brian Stuart

    ReplyDelete

 
Top