GuidePedia

0
I want to thank everyone who has donated to my defense fund so far.

(http://www.beltdrivebetty.com/community/bdb-defense-fund)

Because of you, my husband and I were able to have a reasonably peaceful Christmas.

The Sturgis North Entertainment, Ray Sasseville, Joan Hansen suit alleging slander, defamation and libel against me was pushed aside for a few hours because of your comments of support and for those who could, their donation.  Knowing I have the support of my community made a huge difference in the day.

It had been suggested that I put up a donation thermometer so that people could see how close to the goal I am.

Right now, beyond the retainer and some immediate support staff help, I have no idea what the goal should be.

I can tell you that I have raised close to $1,500.00 so far and have been promised 2 -  $500 donations to come by mail.  I know that I will need about $5,000 for my share of the lawyer initially and that I have to pay other people to do research gathering, and time line creation.

I know how much time of mine this is consuming and how it means that other things that I have to do are falling farther and farther behind, and because of my crash in October, they were already behind.

I have no idea where I go after getting through this initial time.

Is $10K the right amount to attempt to raise?
Is 20K and what happens if I raise more than I need.

What then?

I have no idea - none.

I know that my sales are suffering as is my invoicing etc. I know that proposals I have to do are suffering.  All I can do is deep breath and work as steady at it all as I can for as many hours every day that I can.

If anyone has time to help here in Grande Prairie, I could sure use the donation of a few hours of your time! It's tedious and time consuming work reading through the gathered evidence, chronicling it all and having to revisit all of those feelings.  It's a total nuisance that is taking up time and resources that could be put to better use else where. But it is what it is and somehow, I will find a way to meet all my deadlines and keep on keeping on. I just have to.

Someone asked who the lawyer of record is in this lawsuit for the Plaintiff:
Gerhard A. Pyper has been their lawyer since early 2013 at least

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and I hope that 2014 brings you all that your heart desires.

And again, thank you for the words of encouragement and the support, whether you are able to donate or can only share the information about the defense fund, I am deeply grateful.

I am honoured to be a part of this community and the help I am given I promise I will pay forward into the community.

Belt Drive Betty
Rider & Editor


Post a Comment

 
Top