GuidePedia

0
Today I hope you will take 1 minute of your time to pay your respects and give thanks to the men and women who have served this country in the various theaters of war around the world.

I don't care if you have to work today or whether you are driving somewhere...one minute, that's all that is being asked of you - compare that to the ultimate price many of our soldiers have paid - they and their families have sacrificed that you and I may stay free....

It is because of them that you have the right and freedom to be who and what you want to be.

Lest we forget....

I watched with interest last night the Dragon's Den. It featured the young man that Glenn Roberts from Motorcycle Mojo first introduced us all to, the young man who built the Uno - Ben Gulak from Milton, ON.

While the concept of the Uno is cool - it has some serious issues - I was really taken aback when the Dragons agreed to fund it - I think they were more interested in the young man himself and his brain - the other thing that seriously pissed me off about them backing his invention is that the R & D plant is going to be in the USA...I thought the Dragon's Den was Canadian.

I wish them all well, I do not see a serious market for the Uno given it's obvious potential for safety issues. I don't see it being comfortable to ride and for the average commuter - where do you put the mail much less a quart of milk?

No - I don't think the Uno is the next great thing - but I think the 16 year old who conceived it and the 19 year old they saw last night - Ben Gulak - I think that he's what they invested in.

If you are into green machines check out our lifestyles page - Motorcycle Reviews & News....there are some pretty cool green machines out there with far, far more potential in the market place than the Uno!

I have a lot of work ahead of me today before I head to the Cenotaph....

Please - if you are one of those lucky dogs who lives where you can still ride...PLEASE - Ride like they are out to get you and can not see you! Stay Safe.

Belt Drive Betty

Post a Comment

 
Top