GuidePedia

2
I read with much sadness and disgust that a man lay dying on a Calgary road way and not one person called 911 - not one person stopped to see if they could assist.

What is going on out there? Why would you leave someone in the street to die - alone?

I am blessed and fortunate - I have had prayers and offers of help and calls and hugs since my brother died - I am so saddened that this person who died alone on Calgary streets had NO kindness - no love and no generosity of spirit exhibited or offered to him.

I pray for every motorist who passed this man by to have an epiphany - a wake up call.
It could be YOU laying in the street dying of your injuries. It could be your mom, dad, sister or brother - a husband or a child - where is the humanity? Where is the care and feeling - have we become so busy that we can not show any love of compassion?

You know - I have a cute story to share on this subject...I was riding by Thunder Bay when I saw a motorcycle on the side of the road. I slowed to ask if the rider was OK only to find out it was an OPP Officer...he waved me on and yelled thanks! It takes one second to slow down, to show you care - Please remember that there but for the grace of GOD go I...what is wrong with the people who passed the man in Calgary over?

I don't know if he was a rider or a pedestrian or a cyclist - but he was HUMAN...

The trip from North Bay to Ottawa was HUGELY wet - raining so hard that rivers were running down the road and at times you could not see - we had to wait things out a couple of times but we did arrive in Ottawa - only 3.5 hours late and we did get to meet about 200 riders!

I want to thank Lou DeVouono, Graham - both of the Hero's Highway Ride, Danni Stockley and Crystal from the Ontario Chrome Divas, Pator Rob & his lovely wife Heather and Pastor Dave - Indian Jim, Lucy LaFlamme and so many others for taking the time to share this Conga with me...I love you all!!!! Today I get to visit with Mike Hauffe of XXX Choppers too!

PLEASE - Ride defensively, ride your own ride - do NOT let peer pressure get the best of you...Ride like everyone around you is BLIND, has an UNSAFE load and IS out to get you and please - ride Proud not Loud - invest in a 140 DB Air horn instead!


Belt Drive Betty
A MAX Award winning web site!
National VP of Marketing
Foundation for Injured Riders, Rights & Education
Contact Me LinkedinFacebookBloggerTwitter

Post a Comment

  1. Unbelievable that no one stopped! We bikers need to stick together and help each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that is what F.I.R.R.E. is all about:
    The Foundation for Injured Riders, Rights & Education
    www.firre.ca

    PLEASE Join us and help us LIGHT A F.I.R.R.E.

    ReplyDelete

 
Top