GuidePedia

2
The title of today's blog post says it all.

These are the reasons that Herman "Poet" Aalbers and I decided to see if we could start a group to help our community. The group was F.I.R.R.E.

Now because I chose to speak about my personal experiences, people are leaving F.I.R.R.E. instead of working to change it and grow it.


"When the world says, "Give up,"
Hope whispers, 'Try it one more time.' "
~ Unknown

All groups go through growing pains. All groups have fights, disagreements and differences of opinions - no two people see things, read things or hear things the same way.
I have said - right from the beginning of this horrid situation that I find myself in that I BELIEVE in F.I.R.R.E. what the mission and purpose is... and that I will find my own unique way to contribute to that cause. I have said I will continue to sponsor the group and support their efforts.

All I can tell you - is that if you believe in the cause & the mission - if you read the news every day - and you can see the need that is out there...then folks - GET INVOLVED.

Remember this: The injured rider sitting in the hospital who needs their husband or wife by their bed side...who needs money to pay for food, gas, electricity, rent or mortgage - they do not care about the petty politics - they do not care about how they got the help - they care that they get help from somewhere.

When you have been in need, in crisis - and someone has thrown you a life line  - remember how good that felt...that is what F.I.R.R.E. was meant to do - be a life line, be a haven of relief.

When we loose all of our freedoms and rights because there was no national organized group working to protect them...

F.I.R.R.E. is supposed to be about empathy, caring, strength and solidarity in short - COMMUNITY - FAMILY.

Like any organization it will only be as strong and as effective as it's leadership and the members.

F.I.R.R.E. itself is just a name - the rest - the vision, the spirit, the urgency, the compassion, the integrity MUST come from the people who make up F.I.R.R.E. 
The desire to help one's fellow rider and to protect the rights of the community needs to become so strong that nothing can shake it.


Now here are a few reasons why a group with the mission and purpose of F.I.R.R.E. is needed:

In BC - a 43 year old Fruitvale man is dead after a collision

In Maple Ridge BC a rider was injured in a crash.

In Moose jaw SK a rider survived a crash

In Ontario 5 riders have been charged with stunting and dangerous riding.

In Caledon ON - a noise bylaw that is as discriminatory as the Edmonton Bylaw has been passed

I leave you with this thought:
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."
~ Margaret Mead

As with everything I write - I appreciate your feed back and input.

Belt Drive Betty 

Post a Comment

  1. I totally hear you, on this i was a rider down 2 years ago ...and if not for 1 person doing what she felt... i would have never been able to have a christmas dinner for my kids or see my way through the insanity of recooping...most others only acknowledge me when i finally showed up weekes later still very hurt but now determined and mobile..i realized more that you cant count on a lot ...but the little things mean sooo much....willow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:57 AM

    I agree with Willow....I too was a down rider Aug 1, 2009.
    I sure found out who my "friends" were real fast. My biggest strength came from those I knew the least. Not the ones I had known for 30 years. (imagine that feeling).
    Now that I am mobile again when people ask how I am doing I resist the urge to ask why it matters to them now and not when I needed their strength to lean on!

    Sitting in that position leaves you so helpless. Knowing there is a group like F.I.R.R.E there to help can releive some of that burden.

    I personally will not get invovled because I have issues with helping those who have created their own situation.....(excessive speed, stunting, etc) I am too judgement. BUT that doesnt' mean I don't support F.I.R.R.E's efforts.

    ReplyDelete

 
Top