GuidePedia

1
Last year I did my first Conga across Canada to raise awareness about the need to have motorists share the road with us.

I am doing the same again this year.

The TENTATIVE route will see me leave Grande Prairie, head for Beaver Creek, Yukon Territory  and kick the Conga off from up there.

I will ride from there to Merritt  BC for the Great Canadian Bike Rally, then in to Salmon Arm BC for the Sturgis North & Summer Stomp Events and from there I will head to Cape Breton NS and the Cape Breton Bike Fest - The Thunder In the Highlands.

I would love to have riders join me be it for an hour, a day, a week or the whole 43-45 days I intend to be on the road! Tentatively leaving from Grande Prairie July 4th and getting back home in the middle of August...

I am in the planning stages and making application to sponsors for support.

One of the reasons I want to meet so many riders is we are going to be creating Rider Awareness Videos.

The videos will feature riders from across the country with their families asking motorists to share the road.  Like last year the message is:

My name is Renee "Belt Drive Betty" Charbonneau, I am a wife, I am a mother, I am an auntie, a sister, a friend and a volunteer for Toys for Tots and the Motorcycle Ride for Dad, I am the editor of a community newspaper and my family and friends would appreciate you sharing the road with me.

This time that message is going on video and once home in GP, we will be editing the video and creating motorcycle awareness campaigns for across the country that will air hopefully on every TV station across the country in 2012!

I am enthused and excited and a wee bit nervous cause this time - I am riding solo...hubby can not come with me this year as he does not get his holidays until the end of August (that's his anniversary date at work)

So - if anyone is game to come along or be videoed for a commercial...let me know!
Cabot Trail Here I COME!!!!!

In the news today:

In Oxnard California Aztec Racings Tony Gutierrez 1932-2010 passed away.
When I lived in Oxnard CA in my 20's - Tony was a big part of my life - his shop was in the same block of shops as our race car shop - RIP Tony - you will be missed.


Eric Buell is thinking about getting back in to production street bikes again

More jurisdictions are calling for helmet and other laws targeted at motorcyclists:

Zamboanga
Jerusalem

And in Dubai they are targeting stunters and those who don't follow the rules of the road when on motorcycles - they call it a traffic campaign.

BMW announced Canadian pricing on their machines

I hope you will join the discussions on Facebook, in our forums over on www.beltdrivebetty.com or right here in my blog!


Have a wonderful day - I know mine will be...
Please if you are attending Christmas Parties, plan your way home in advance!

Belt Drive Betty
Editor & Rider

www.beltdrivebetty.com
www.bustedknucklechronicles.com

Post a Comment

  1. Anonymous12:46 PM

    Please JOIN...No money needed, 225 MORE TO MAKE 5,000.
    Raise AWARENESS & simply "ACCEPT"
    And post, so others will do the same,
    It will help to save lives of bikers-riders globally.
    Thank you,
    Dawn
    Founder
    FALLEN RIDERS WORLDWIDE MEMORIAL

    © “ANGELS WATCH OVER US - DRIVERS NEED TO SEE US” ™
    FALLEN RIDERS WORLDWIDE MEMORIAL ™
    & MOTORCYCLE AWARENESS GLOBALLY ™
    © “SEE US OR WE DIE” ™

    http://www.causes.com/causes/553605-fallen-riders-worldwide-memorial-see-us-or-we-die?m=61ee1402&recruiter_id=143463589

    ReplyDelete

 
Top