GuidePedia

0
In Alberta and PEI there are many people saying prayers and shedding tears. One young lady is having surgery today and three of her friends are going to be buried soon. The tragic shootings on an Alberta highway by a jealous former boyfriend have devastated so many people just before Christmas. My own family has been affected as my niece Casey went to school with two of the three young people from PEI who were killed.

As we get ready to celebrate Christmas my prayers go out to those who are hurting, lonely, sad and scared. I hope that they find the strength and love they need to get through the days and weeks ahead.

It has been an interesting time around www.beltdrivebetty.com

While the rest of the world is winding down for Christmas Holidays, Ali and I are busier than ever.

We moved web hosts last week and while we are far from done with the revamping of the web site into it's new template, things are coming together nicely. With every new module and component that Ali is installing to get all of our content displaying right she is testing and tweaking and testing some more. It's an arduous task moving some 500K pages of content but she's doing a fabulous job!

Being on a web host that offers cloud servers is fantastic too - the speed of the site makes me SOOOO happy.  Yes it will be a little inconvenient for another week or two - some of the navigation isn't in, some of our tools aren't loaded yet, but when it's all done I think we will have one of the best sites around...at least that's the goal!

I decided to make the 2012 Calendars - the Ladies, the Kidz and the Men's available for one more week.
I just got the reprint of the Kidz calendars in and am so happy with it - I will be sending them out to all who ordered - free of charge - later today. I am also sending out a reprint of the Men's and the Ladies calendar free of charge - they should be here today. I - along with everyone who got them first time around was disappointed - it is my hope that the new calendars will make everyone happy.

They are costing me more but, you got to do what's right - RIGHT? I want people happy!

So - if you wanted a calendar but didn't get one - now's your chance - http://www.beltdrivebetty.com/home/buy-2012-calendars-limited-time-offer

The Biker's United in Remembrance Patches are selling well, I can't wait to tally up the donations we are going to be making to the Military Families Fund and Camp Maple Leaf...I think it is absolutely impressive that the Canadian Veteran Freedom Riders has already ordered another 100 patches - they will be making a nice tidy donation too!

Speaking of patches - we finally have a new logo for the newspaper, and yes we are getting patches made! I hope you like it..


I will know the cost and delivery times later today - we will have them in time for the Bike Shows I hope!!!!


Speaking of bike shows - I want to thank everyone who has volunteered to help us in our booths in Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver - we are fully staffed!!!!

It's been an incredibly busy week and I don't see that slowing down any time soon!

In other news:

In Mumbai - Blue Tooth head sets for motorcyclists are giving the cops a head ache...

In Quebec they are trying to make a case for higher motorcycle insurance - AGAIN!

In Ontario there are two petitions that really need your signatures!
The first is on handle bars  and the second is on HOV Lane use


I leave you with a few funnies from around the internet, from my emails and my Facebook friends...Laugh - it's good for the soul....it's necessary to your sanity to laugh!



Belt Drive Betty
Editor & Rider

Post a Comment

 
Top