GuidePedia

0
The roads here in Central Alberta have been treacherous. Numerous accidents, vehicles upside down in the ditches, sideways across the roads and yet, the 2010 Red Deer Motorcycle Show experienced some terrific traffic. Although I myself spent a great portion of the afternoon laying down in the truck as I just wasn't feeling good, when I did poke my head in to the pavilion it was elbow to elbow.

My volunteers accepted hugs on my behalf and kept tally - Red Deer, I am sorry yesterday was a wipe out for me.

The young men in the Ball of Death: Kyle and Cody Ives, entertained the crap out of everyone. From everything I heard they were the hit of the show.  The other entertainment - the Second Gear Club - showing off their trials riding skills was the other HUGE crowd pleaser.

The "Custom" Bike show this year is more like a Show 'n' Shine. There is no big prize money from Lucas Oils and it appears that John Howler's bikes from Howler Customs in SK are the only true customs entered that I was able to see.

This is the one show where vendors are treated like they are special - we get fed a continental breakfast and a hot lunch both Saturday and Sunday - we got great little gift bags filled with all kinds of treats and essentials like chap stick from Gasoline Alley H-D - that came in handy!

Out of all of the shows I have a soft spot for the Red Deer Show - I will always come to it and I will always sponsor it. Why? The first year they held this show over at the Capri Center Grant asked me to help out and be their event coordinator. I did, I had a ball and I fell in love with Red Deer and the people.

If you are in this neck of the woods please come and say hi and give me a hug - I will be in the booth all day today even if they have to duct tape me to the chair!

In the news today:

Victory Motorcycles has a special promotion planned in the US - I haven't heard if anything like it will be available in Canada - hopefully...

Harley-Davidson is looking seriously of assembling bikes in India for the Indian market: “With the present duty structure, more companies would look at assembling their cars and motorcycles in India. For Harley-Davidson this would achieve a twin objective. They’d be able to keep their US plants active and reduce prices for Indian consumers,” said Dilip Chenoy, director general of the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers."
Staying with Harley for a moment - they posted their first loss in 26 years!


Pirelli has announced that they will for the next three years sponsor the Red Bull Pro Nationals MX Series

Parts Canada Superbike Champion Jordan Szoke is named Motorcycle Racer of the Year!


If you are one of those very fortunate people who lives in a climate that allows you to ride - I am GREEN with envy and want to know if you have an extra room? Please ride like everyone around you is blind and can not see you, for the rest of us the Beat the PMS Blues On Line Show 'n' Shine might be one way you can assuage that affliction called "Parked Motorcycle Syndrome".

Belt Drive Betty
www.beltdrivebetty.com
National VP A.I.M.Can
www.aim-can.com

Post a Comment

 
Top